duminică, 6 octombrie 2019

new beginings

Today was a strange day. Last night rained a bit,  the morning was cold and cloudy. Storm clouds were often present and the  sun  alternating with rain.
Went fishing two times, from 8 am to 11 am and from 3 pm to 7 pm. Caught two fish as I was too impatient and didn't playthe spoon/lure close to the botto.

In the morning the water was clear, but  in the afternoon it got crystal clear.

At 8 caught the first fish of the day - personal record for perch at spoon.

The perch was released.
As I really like a topwater lure, I've decided to insist on it. Caught my first fish ever on topwater lures (popper/...), a small chub whose lenght I don't know and I kinda regret the fact that I've didn't film it, nor took better images.. but that happened because it s too agressive and it double hooked itself. While trying to unhook it I've  used both hand and coudn't risk to drop the phone in water as the hook was in a risky area for the fish and because it was a hard place.

TThe attack came in a weed ,,path"; I've fished in a reservoir/dam and autumnis the season when underwater weeds get loose due to cold and water level fluctuations.
 

A dieing fish who's colors I've liked - the have a really small mouth and so it's a pain to catch them.

From different anglers learned that yesterday some pike were caught; one around 2 killos, on around 4 killos - they were caught with live  bait, on float... and a 6.800 grams pike who attacked a spoon lure alin the morning, around 10 am. I'm not sure if I know the angler who caught it; planned to fish more, but it got really windy and the waves and wind were bothersome.

Plans for the future:
  • To insist more on top water lures, even though I've geared that pike were caught on lures retrieved close  to the bottom;
  • To retrieve the lure slower;
  • To use a better pike leader, a softer and not so heavy trace leader, maybe I'll try fluorocarbon?
  • To be more confident in the lures
  •  Buy a good lip grip.


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu