vineri, 15 octombrie 2021

Pay attention at what you wear

 Today I've planed a perch fishing session as I've wanted to catch some for consumption. Left home at ~12-1 PM. The weather was rainy for the past few days. Today It also rained, a slow type of rain. 


I've forgot to check my foot wear so I've slippen on the dam's margins and hit the fishing rod.



After it rains, the moss/algae get slippery. It's important to check your foot wear before using it; it happened before, when I've used some rain boots, but I didn't expect the same stuff to happen today as I've thought that the shoes could adher to the cement. Unfortunatelly they didn't.


There are some tricks that can help you ,,improve" your shoes, like scratching the bottom with something sharp or hot or by ataching something like a net. Though, with time, that's contraproductive as it's posible that you may deteriorate them or that you'll make mistakes by not being able to adequately evaluate the safe usage of your ,,trick".

Beside that, in some cases, law prohibits such tricks as, by moving from place to place, from water to water, you'll transport bacterias and other dangerous stuff.







The EVA and a bit of the metal were badly scratched. Only time will show what hidden damages were caused.


In total, today, I've caught 6-7 perch and I've kept 3 (of legal size here, 12 cm). The fish attacked a 3-4 cm Relax twister, the same colour as in the previous fishing session. Had one fish attack at a white with black dots creature (~3 cm length). The fish were lazier than in the past and of a smaller size. The water was a bit cloudy due to the constant rain and pretty cold. It's posible that the fish were spooked by the bright colour of the rain coat - strident yellow.

I've also caught 2 clams..






In the videos you can see each clam. They were released shortly after.









Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu